Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Connection loading problem?

• Please log in to reply

BS_1

BS_1

• PipPip
  • 81 posts
My internet connection has recently been changed. previously i had a server computer with a firewall which would distribute the internet to all the computers in my network. Now all the computers have firewalls (TrendMicro) and so the internet goes straight to each of the computers.
the problem that has started recently is that on all of the computers the internet acts strangely. after trying to access any site, sometimes the page wont load on the first time and will come up with this message

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:
You are not connected to the Internet.
The website is encountering problems.
There might be a typing error in the address.

if i keep trying to access the page then after a while the page loads. other similar things is that not everything will load on some pages like images. when using youtube sometimes the page for the video loads but then the video itself doesnt start loading. in some cases a speech bubble message will come up from trend micro saying something about the web page i am on and then straight after that the youtube video will start loading. i have tried turning off trendMicro but the problem still happens

i have no idea why this problem has started but i think that it might have sometihng to do with a firewall option on trend micro. im unfamiliar with it so i didnt want to mess around with it. Thanks for your help in advance.

Edited by BS_1, 10 January 2007 - 03:46 AM.

Advertisements