Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Adobe Acrobat Professional 7 Problems

• Please log in to reply

JHY-IC

JHY-IC

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I recently installed Adobe Acrobat Professional 7 on my system. My system is a Dell Inspiron 8100 notebook.

After installing Adobe Acrobat Pro 7 on my computer, I am having trouble when I reboot my computer.

When I reboot my computer, a dialog box appears stating that it is preparing to install Adobe Acrobat Pro 7. The dialog completes its' routine, which is approximately 30 seconds. The computer then continues to boot normally.

I encounter no errors, I just don't understand why I keep getting the 'setup' dialog box during every boot of the computer.

Adobe Acrobat Pro 7 works fine and I have no trouble using the program.

Any thoughts on how to eliminate this startyp dialog box?

Thanks!

Joseph Y.

Advertisements

chermesh

chermesh

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
Hi Joseph,
I wonder if you managed to find a solution to acrobat's "preparing to install" nuisance. I've made some changes in my system and ended up with acrobat 7 trying endlessly to be installed. (I'm now out of my country and my acrobat installation source is unavailable).
I would like to cancell the acrobat install and get rid, thereby, from the messages.
So, if you can, please post you solution (if you have it). I'll automatically get it.

Ran

jcallis

jcallis

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Try downloading the updater for 7.01
When I would do the auto update it would get lost eventually and revert back to 7.
I was getting messages similir to this then. but no longer do and the update is staying.

John

chdmj

chdmj

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, I have another problem with this software.

Sometimes, when I try to open Adobe Pro 7.0, Adobe Reader opens instead. No matter what icon I click on, I will just get to the Reader instead of Adobe Pro. Does anyone know how to resolve this? Thanks in advance :whistling: