Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need application for video converting

• Please log in to reply

ddiddy40

ddiddy40

SPAMMER

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
Hi,

I was sent a file that my friend wanted me to watch and it is a BIN and a CUE file, is there anyway to watch these. Can they be converted to something like AVI?

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
It will almost certainly be a disc-image file which you need to write to CD before it's content can be viewed or installed. Burning an image file to a CD/DVD requires software such as 'nero' or 'easy media creator' or 'CDRWin'. See here:
http://www.afterdawn...e_with_nero.cfm

ddiddy40

ddiddy40

SPAMMER

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
ok so the BIN/CUE thing worked, but now he wanted me to go to this site and download this short funny clip....I downloaded it and it is in a format called "AC3" Now how would I convert this to MPEG?

Supercalifragilistic

Supercalifragilistic

• PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
AC3 is a Dolby Digital sound extension...

ddiddy40

ddiddy40

SPAMMER

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
what does that mean to me?

Supercalifragilistic

Supercalifragilistic

• PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
It means it's not a video, it can't be converted to MPEG. Unless you mean you want to convert it to MPEG Layer 3 (.mp3), in which case you can convert it with Switch by NCH Swift Sound

ddiddy40

ddiddy40

SPAMMER

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
hum....ok thanks! that helps.....no wonder I couldn't watch it...just curious...what program could I use to convert an AVI film to MPEG format?

Edited by ddiddy40, 12 January 2007 - 05:26 PM.

ddiddy40

ddiddy40

SPAMMER

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
I've heard that you can burn KVCD files and watch them on a DVD player? Is this true? If so, what could I use to convert an AVI film to KVCD format?