Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I AM SO FRUSTERATED!

• Please log in to reply

Josiah_Fordahl

Josiah_Fordahl

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
Hi, I am working on a friends computer, and I was just going to upgrade Windows ME to XP PRO SP2.
Then I was going to put a new soundcard and a new video card in. I installed Xp without any problems and i put in the new Video card, all was going well until the soundcard.
when I put in the soundcard it wouldnt recognize that it was in, and in device manager it showed like 7 devices that didnt have drivers when I had the soundcard in. then it started showing no sound driver at all and i couldnt get it to work even with onboard sound.... I looked at the box and it said it was only good with up to Windows Me and 2000 Pro. So I looked at the manufacturers website and they had a new driver that supported XP so i put that in and I still had the same problem.
So then what i did was take that harddrive out, put in a totally new harddrive took out all the new devices, I started installing win 2000 pro it got to the point where it restarts after installing all the setup files and then when it restarted it said operating system not found....

so then I decided to try to install it again and see if that would work in case there was an error or something, so i went ahead and did it again and i got almost the where it restarts and i got a blue screen of death and it said stop: c0000221 unknown hard error
i went to the microsoft website and it said it was something to do with dll
it will not recognize the old harddrive with xp on it and it will not recognize the new one with half of 2000 pro on...
I do not know what to do and need some help!
Thanks,
-Josiah

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
well you might try running a memory tester on that computer.... you could also put those drives in as secondary drives in another computer to see if the drives work....

Rocknrollcows

Rocknrollcows

• PipPipPip
  • 432 posts
perhaps the motherboard is having problems.. the BSD seems to be comming from a hardware error