Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cannot open one subfolder in outlook express 6.0

• Please log in to reply

notsosmart1

notsosmart1

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
One subfolder under Inbox cannot be opened. All other subfolders under Inbox and elsewhere open. The error message is (a) not enough memory or (b) lack of disk space. I have plenty of both.

I went to the files in Windows explorer. All have a .dbx extension- but ALL open with Word. In Word, you see Gibberish.

I went to Folder Options and noticed that all .dbx files are set to open with Word. I assume they are opening with the wrong program.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
.dbx files are opened within Outlook Express. Try renaming the folder in Windows Explorer, then importing it into OE. (In OE click file, import, follow prompts)

Johanna

notsosmart1

notsosmart1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
I'm not sure I understand. Right now I have 2 Outlook Express folders in Explorer. The 1st is somewhere under Documents & Settings/my name/applications/a string - This contains .dbx files with Inbox Sent etc.. These files open with Word. The 2nd Outlook Express is within Program files. They contain MSIMN.EXE, several .DLL files, address file, setup library file.

Should both outlook expresses be consolidated under Program files? I do not understand.