Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Game consistently crashes in XP

• Please log in to reply

azuca138753

azuca138753

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
Hello. When I insert my PC game and try to play it, the game will run normally for about 10-20 seconds and then the entire computer will enter a "hibernation" mode in which only a black screen can be seen. No blue screen of death or anything. Also, when it enters this black screen a light "clicking" sound can be heard from the hard drive. I recently had my hard drive formatted because the old one was bad, and had my entire C drive transferred to the new hard drive. I have checked my directX, and it is up to date (9.0c), and I have gone to "Run" and typed in "dxdiag" and have run all tests therein. Everything seems to be working properly, except this game won't run for more than 20 seconds. I hear that playing a PC game pushes CPU performance to 100%, but I don't think this would be a problem. Can anyone help? Thank you.

~Gared

Advertisements

megabite

megabite

• PipPipPip
  • 527 posts
Howdy,

Could be your Video card isn't man enough for that game.....check for any driver updates for your card on the manufactures site.

Also check on the Site of the people that made the game and see if there are any patches for that particular game.