Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CPU Issues

• Please log in to reply

Snippy

Snippy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
Any Ideas?

Advertisements

Snippy

Snippy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
Maybe This one

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16811208008

Snippy

Snippy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
Ok now i'm looking for a compatible mother board for the E6400 Core 2 Cuo CPU.

Dan1887

Dan1887

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
most newer asus boards are compatible, but i would go ith either a DFI board (advanced user)or the Gigabyte D3
http://www.tigerdire...a...929&CatId=0

Snippy

Snippy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
Yikes I don't feel like spending 200$ on a mother board.Just one that is compatible with the E6400 Core 2 Cuo Processor.

Snippy

Snippy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
Ok I have decided to go with this Case.

Click HERE

Specs:

x7 Expansion Slots
120mm Rear Fan
120mm Front Fan
80mm Side Fan
450 W PSU (Going to remove cause I have a 600W PSU)

Now all I need is a Mother Board that is Compatible with the E6400 Core 2 Duo Processor.Lookign for a cheap one. Any MoBo that will hold it and not slack with the power of the E6400.

Snippy

Snippy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
Any?

Dan1887

Dan1887

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
The minimum you are looking for for a good motherboard is at least 140 and if you want one to overclock your e6400 your basically looking at that D3 as your best option however go to a local computer store you will get mobo's cheaper then anything tiger direct has.

Snippy

Snippy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
I'm not looking to over clock to just one that will hold it and not be holding back on the power. And I do not have a local computer store that I know of I will buy from new egg or another one and I guess 140 is not bad but I would like less but eh can't do anything about that. :whistling: .

Snippy

Snippy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
What will be compatible with a E6400 Core 2 Duo Processor?

Advertisements

Dan1887

Dan1887

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
asus p5ld2 rev 2.0 is compatible its the board i currently have it was 140 its a good board 4 channel ddr2, pcie x16, gigabyte lan, comes with a whole pile of asus tech software, including inside windows environment bios upgrade, but it has to be a 2.0 version otherwise the board wont support the core 2 so be very careful to check the board version before buying it.

Snippy

Snippy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
Can you link it.

kidnova

kidnova

• PipPipPip
  • 424 posts
If you go to newegg and search for intel-compatible mobos. Then search for socket LGA 775. In the description for the mobo, it will tell you what type of CPUs the mobo will support. Anyone that says Core 2 Duo or Conroe will support the e6400. That doesn't mean that it's a good board, just that it will support your CPU.

If you're not looking to overclock too much and you're not interested in SLI, then something like this should work fine:
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16813128017

Edited by kidnova, 19 January 2007 - 03:50 PM.

Snippy

Snippy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
K thanks and installing a mother board is that hard?I'm getting a new case as well so should I place the new mother board in the new case then just swap everything I need from the old computer to the new one? And you have to install windows again as I have heard.

Snippy

Snippy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
Suggestions?