Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

unsaved excel worksheet recovery

• Please log in to reply

kaki

kaki

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hi,
I am using office 2000. I spent hours researching online and created a really valuable excel spreasheet. Without saving my worksheet, I got up and someone else in my house powered off the computer. When I turned my computer back on tehre was no record of the worksheet, not in excel, in the recent documents in the start menu, nowhere. Is there any way I can retrieve my document? Any advice would be extremely helpful. I havent cleared any of my internet history, or caches or anythign.

Thanks very much.

Advertisements

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
If you had Autosave turned on, it's possible you have a backup. Look at this Microsoft article: http://www.microsoft...ips/exsave.mspx. It discusses Excel 2000 Autosave. Check these settings in your Excel. If it's turned on, take note of the autosave location. Browse to that folder and see if your file is there. If so, follow the instructions in the link to open it.

Edited for spelling/grammar.

Edited by LindaGail, 09 January 2007 - 08:49 PM.