Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

FTP question

• Please log in to reply

h0tpants

h0tpants

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
Hello. I have been working on this for about an hour or so but I cannot figure out this FTP stuff. What I want to do is connect to my friend so we can transfer files back and forth to each other. Can we even do this with an FTP client?? If so, how?? Any help would be much appreciated!!

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hi. You might want to ask Google and see what you can find. I'm sure it's possible somehow. Are either of you behind routers? Have you opened any ports?

Bobbydoo8

Bobbydoo8

• PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
Very good question.....I'm googling your question to see if I can figure it out because I'm kind of curious now. If I get this FTP file sharing thing figured out I'll letcha know.

**Edit**
Found a great site that's got me goin: http://www.pcstats.c...t...1491&page=1

That will get your FTP site setup and you should be able to configure it the rest of the way.

Edited by Bobbydoo8, 10 January 2007 - 07:59 PM.