Does anybody know where in the registry the settings are stored for "Hide file extensions for known file types"
It can be manually configured, in explorer.
1. Open My Computer (or any folder window).
2. Choose Folder Options from the Tools menu.
3. Click on the View tab.
4. In Advanced settings untick the box beside Hide file extensions for known file types.
5. Click on Apply to all folders or Like current folder and OK to the message that appears.
6. Click on OK to close the Folder Options window.
But does anybody know where it's being saved?