Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

assertion failure

• Please log in to reply

Quetzer

Quetzer

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi,

I recieve a window when I try to print: assertion failed! Program: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\HPZENG04.EXE
File: P:\hpdjpcl\DJPcl.cpp Line: 396
Expression: FALSE
For information on how your program can cause an assertion failure, see the Visual C++ documentation on asserts.
(Please Retry to debug the application - JIT must be enabled)

Had just reinstalled printer software after having run Tune Up Utilities 2007 & OSP110.exe last night from other forums. Printer actually printed, but instead of black ink it came out blue. Tried printing several applications (from Word, Internet, etc.) but continued blue. Also ran 1-Click Maintenence from Tune Up. Then had the idea to reinstall hardware - this time from HP- Germany. (I'm living there but find it easier to do hardware/software things in English). I'm somewhat hesitant to uninstal the HP software again as I had problems with it before.

How can I check if the JIT is enabled? Is there such a thing as Flash Bios for Windows 98? I've done all of the hp help, but to no avail.

Go Bison!

Edited by Quetzer, 10 January 2007 - 03:53 AM.

Advertisements

megabite

megabite

• PipPipPip
  • 527 posts
Take a look here

http://groups.google...5dbf72d99277d2f

Quetzer

Quetzer

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Looked at the link, but it didn't help. Thanks anyway.

Go Bison!

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Heres a link I found on checking JIT.
How to check JIT
I know you said you reinstalled the software, but most printers require you to install the software and then attach the printer.
Is this the case with yours?
You don't say what printer.

Quetzer

Quetzer

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I checked and my Java is enabled. BTW, I have an HP Deskjet 656c in which I've tried installing the software first, unplugging it for several minutes from the wall socket, etc. to no avail. Will probably switch back to an older 670c I have in the basement.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
I have been doing searches on this problem. Most searches are referancing the MSVC files which are part of the visual C+. They hint at changing the file names of the MSVC files and reinstall of IE.
Other sites are referancing malware/ spyware/ trojans/ virus.
I would recommend you head to the malware section and follow instructions. Have it checked there.
Most times just doing the prep will resolve the problem. If you are clean, then that is also a good feeling and we can continue to work on the problem.

I believe you have to referance this thread.