Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem with Graphics Card

• Please log in to reply

gauros

gauros

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I bought Asus Gforce 6800 512 some time ago.

I used to use Win Xp Pro SP1 Greek version. i installed Win XP Pro SP2 English version on my second HDD installed the same drivers as on SP1, ForceWare 93.71 (x86) WHQL.

But the games come with black screen or they come like the card does not support them.

I do not know what to do, i have tried the latest driver but nothing. Is there something in SP2 that blocks the drivers from functioning properly.

Regards

Gauros

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hi. You used the same drivers as before, but have you searched for an updated driver? You will likely need a more "today" version of those drivers to make everything work. If you don't know how to obtain more updated drivers, let me know.

gauros

gauros

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Hi. You used the same drivers as before, but have you searched for an updated driver? You will likely need a more "today" version of those drivers to make everything work. If you don't know how to obtain more updated drivers, let me know.

Thanx for the reply

I think that these are the latest ForceWare WHQL drivers. If you have any updated ones let me know, but could not find on the nvidia website neither in guru3d.

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Do you know what DirectX version is installed?

gauros

gauros

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Do you know what DirectX version is installed?

The october version

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
I take it you're using the 9.0c version then? Let's try this to find out...

Click on Start, and then click on Run.

In the Run box, type dxdiag and press enter.

You may see a small box asking you if you want to update the driver signatures. Click on yes.

You will now see a rather large window showing system information. Look at the bottom where it says DirectX version. What does it say? 9.0c?

gauros

gauros

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I take it you're using the 9.0c version then? Let's try this to find out...

Click on Start, and then click on Run.

In the Run box, type dxdiag and press enter.

You may see a small box asking you if you want to update the driver signatures. Click on yes.

You will now see a rather large window showing system information. Look at the bottom where it says DirectX version. What does it say? 9.0c?

Yes it is 9.0c, october version

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Well, this is an interesting issue... I'll have to research this for you, and with luck, I'll find something that will solve this. In the meantime, if anyone else has something they would like to add, please do so.