Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Converting widescreen avi to windows media files

• Please log in to reply

kazzB

kazzB

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Help!

basically i exagerated my abilities on my CV an now ive got to do a bunch of stuff that i cant figure out. so far ive imported widescreen digital video onto premiere, when i opened it in a windows media player it went back to small screen. SO, i opened it again in premiere and exported the time line with the 16:9 ratio and now that seems to work (even tho the quality seems a lil worse).

The problem now is theyve told me they want it converted to a windows media file (wma i think) to use online but when i try an do that (on premiere and windows movie maker) it changes back from widescreen to small screen again. Ive got windows media encoder, will that help?

I'm gettin so confused, so many videos to convert an the boss comes back tomorow!

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Try Super Encoder

http://www.erightsoft.net/SUPER.html

Windows Media Player hasn't got a widescreen playing option I have found yet