Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Bit Defender Wont Let Me Retrieve My Email!

• Please log in to reply

hawthorn

hawthorn

• PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
Hi All

After much reviewing and asking questiions i purchased Bit Defender Anti Virus v 10 as it got very good reviews. All was well until about a week ago I started having trouble with my email. All messages wouldnt come through, and it cut me off immediately. Someone suggested i check the "hang up after receiving email" box and sure enough it was ticked, though I never did that.

Then no email would come through at all! i have 3 accounts and the all "failed". Im using OE and Firefox. I couldnt send email either.

Finally after trying to get through for 3 days, I managed to contact my ISP helpline. The very helpful gut in IOL tried everything and went into dos and pinged etc etc. I hadnt much notion what he was doing, but anyway he told me something was disconnecting me, as he could connect to my account no problem. He suspected anti virus.

So I uninstalled it and loaded on Avast from a disc, and the email works perfectly. Not alone that but I imagine the pc is running a bit faster, maybe Im paranoid!

Anyone any exoerience of this with Bit Defender?

And I think I'll stay with Avast, whats your opinions on it?

Thanks folks

h

Advertisements