Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

language bar doesn't show in taskbar

• Please log in to reply

amastris

amastris

• Pip
  • 2 posts
[size=2]

I'm having trouble with "show the language bar in taskbar". My OS is Xp pro. In control panel I went to regional languages, cliked on details, I added another language, Spanish, clicked show language bar in taskbar and show additional languages in taskbar, clicked ok. 3 times, apply, but language bar doesn't show in taskbar. My keyboard is spanish, but cannot switch languages since language bar doesn't show, and option isn't listed in taskbar properties either. Please help with this isue. Thanks.

Amastris

Advertisements

1101doc

1101doc

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 909 posts
You may need the settings at the next level.
Control Panel>Reg&Lang Options>Languages>Details>Advanced.
Try checking all the boxes on the last dialog box and then reboot.

amastris

amastris

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Did all of the above, but couldn't click both boxes at the same time. Dialog box greys one, cuz one box supports advanced text services and the other turns them off + closes the language bar. I tried both and rebooted..to no avail: Language bar still doesn't appear.
Had XP Home before and tool worked fine. Something's wrong in XP Pro. I read somewhere Notepad doesn't support text services and should be disabled. I don't know if notepad is running in the system.

How do I disable Notepad? Any other ideas to "show language bar" ? I need to switch languages because of my job (bilingual). Thanks.