Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

wife knows every move !

• Please log in to reply

hary

hary

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
Yes that could be the answer she is viewing Start > My recent documents. Simply download Ccleaner to clear them. The program can be accessed from a r/click on the trash bin.

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
i dont really think that we should be helping out too much
if she can track his movements on the computer
she might come knocking at geeks door feeling bitter
its not a software or hardware issue
so at any time a moderator feels like this should be closed by all means do so
after all its between him and his spouse

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

after all its between him and his spouse

...i may or may not have said that earlier...wasn't taken too well though :whistling:

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
im requesting it to be closed out of respect for his spouse

pitts

pitts

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Apperantly you all don't understand. I am not hiding anything or doing anything wrong. It's more of a joke than anything. I am the computer geek of the house. She is just gloating than she knows how to do something I don't. She is holding it over my head showing off her superior knowledge !! Get over yer marriage counciling....This is why most people hate posting in forums !!

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

Apperantly you all don't understand. I am not hiding anything or doing anything wrong. It's more of a joke than anything. I am the computer geek of the house. She is just gloating than she knows how to do something I don't. She is holding it over my head showing off her superior knowledge !! Get over yer marriage counciling....This is why most people hate posting in forums !!

you've pretty much been given most if not all of the possibilites....she's either running some kind of logging software....or checking the locations within windows that store the recent documents lists....without asking here NO ONE HERE could have any clue exactly how she's doing it....

TuRBonium

TuRBonium

• Pip
  • 1 posts
She might just be doing something as simple as a search for files accessed during the past day. You can do this using the Windows search facility with advanced options on. All she has to do is tell it she wants to see all files accessed in the "last 1 day(s)". She can then sort the results according to type and be able to tell which images, videos, etc you've accessed.

Sorry but I don't know how to disable this Windows feature since file modification date, file access date, file creation date are all saved as part of the file's directory entry.

Whiskeyman

Whiskeyman

• PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
Actually all she is doing is accessing the Content.IE folder. It will pretty much show everything you messed with. Look through of of the sub-folders.

Start> Run and input the following (inserting your account name) and click OK.

C:\Documents and Settings\Your account name\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5

* If C: is the drive/partition the OS is installled on.

I created a shortcut to this folder on my desktop so I could chack it and delete the contents without using another program.