Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MSXML3.DLL is missing!

• Please log in to reply

l3arefoot

l3arefoot

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
Hi

I tried to follow the tutorial, but when accessing system restore I get a runtime error pop up prompting to debug. It says below, Line: 148, and Error:Object expected

When i debug, it comes up with "Just in time" debugging. It gives me one choice of possible debuggers, "New Instance of Microsoft Script Editor".

When I debug with this I get a new pop up of Microsoft Script Editor that says:
Unable to continue because the system file MSXML3.DLL cannot be found.

In the window below I get this message:
"This error can appear if a required system component, MSXML3.DLL is missing or was not installed. This system component must be installed before this error can be resolved.

To resolve this error install the MSXML3.DLL system component by clicking one of the links below."
MSMXL3 Service Pack 4 Release from MSDN
Internet Explorer 6.0 via windows update

When I click on one of these links the script window stops responding and the page never loads

I'm at my wits end and really hope someone can help me.
I hope I have this in the correct area, it seemed more like a windows issue than malware, but at this point I'm not too sure of anything :blink:

Let me add that when i visited windows update after this, either i couldn't get the page to load, or the scanner would never finish. Other pages loaded fine :whistling:

Edited by l3arefoot, 10 January 2007 - 11:25 AM.

Advertisements

megabite

megabite

• PipPipPip
  • 527 posts
Howdy,

You can get the file here http://www.dll-files...es.shtml?msxml3

l3arefoot

l3arefoot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Hah

I had uninstalled nero.

After reinstalling the missing dll was back.

what a pain in the rear...oh well....thanks for the reply!!! :whistling:

Edited by l3arefoot, 10 January 2007 - 12:55 PM.