Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Thunderbird 'downloading' ghost messages

• Please log in to reply

Great Greebo

Great Greebo

• Pip
  • 9 posts
My Thunderbird email account is SUPER slow to load. Takes at least 5 minutes to pull up old emails. Once it is up and plugged into internet, the INBOX counter for number of emails will start increasing (I let it run all night once and got up to 59,687 messages). If I exit Thunderbird and reopen it the INBOX number usually resets to around 1000-ish (which is realistic for me to have that many in the INBOX that I haven't deleted).

Also: If I go through the INBOX and try to delete old emails, I can delete about 4 or 5 and then it just stops deleting them...as in it won't let me delete any messages. So I close out, reopen it and delete 5 more.

It is a work account so just reinstalling isn't a good idea. I have lots of info attached to emails in there that I need access to.

I have ran my virus scan and have got nothing out of the ordinary.
Ghost in the Shell? ...let's hope not

Please Help

Greebo

Advertisements