Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook Question *Please Read!*

• Please log in to reply

Hitokage

Hitokage

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
My company has issued me a problem to try and fix involving a weekly newsletter that is sent out, and it baffles me greatly.

We have an HTML made newsletter, with a top image. Under the top image are two halves, one gray with stuff, one green with stuff.

Here's the problem. When I copy from the HTML file and do an HTML format in outlook, it pastes in fine. Looks like the email I want to send. If I send it, it looks fine. But if someone goes to print it several problems happen. First, the image on top just comes out as an box with the red X, even if I send it as an attachment, or its on the web, etc. Also, the two boxes of color dont print out. The text inside them does, even with color, but not the colored boxes.

Anyone know how to fix this?? Please respond as quickly as possible. Thank you.

Stock Exchange Geek with a Problem >^.^<

Advertisements

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
What program are you using to put together the newsletter? Is it sent out as a PDF? I need a little more information. I put out our company newsletter, and it seems like nothing ever goes right. :tazz:

Hitokage

Hitokage

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
I'm trying to send it out as an HTML format. Pretty much I want it to look like the HTML, and be printable. Nothing is working. It sends and LOOKS like the HTML but is completely unprintable in the sense that the images dont print (show up as empty boxes with the red X) and colored backgrounds don't print.

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
What program was used to put it together? Pagemaker? Publisher?

Hitokage

Hitokage

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
It was a word doc, I changed it to (real) HTML in dreamweaver.

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
I never have used dreamweaver. A co-worker does though after I format some web pages.

Hitokage

Hitokage

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
I dont know if it has anything to do with Dreamweaver. I think it has to do with outlook. Why can't outlook print out an image that I can see in the email??

Lightninghawk

Lightninghawk

• PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
With HTML format it should work fine just coming straight out of a word document. But since your taking it through dreamweaver (a cheat program anyway). Then you're basically making it very difficult for yourself. Just send the newsletter as a word document an you will be fine. The document will not print because it is reading only the HTML formatted sections. I had the same problem here at school. We just used straight word instead of their HTML program and it worked fine.
Hope this helps.

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Could you just send out a PDF document also? Everyone has adobe reader on their computer. We do pagemaker and I export as a PDF.

Lightninghawk

Lightninghawk

• PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
I supose its possible. I don't use the PDF format often due to the tremendous effort it requires for my printer to print the files. I am not sure but I try later tonight when I get home from school.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Create the newsletter in Word then press file then print, use PDF ReDirect V2 and it will convert to PDF

PDF ReDirect V2

You need the free one which is green

Hitokage

Hitokage

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
We already have it as a PDF - but we want it to... not be a PDF. PDF's dont show up in emails like an html formatted one does. Unless someone knows a way for a PDF to do this.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If you press the e-mail button on the PDF then it attaches to an e-mail then the recipient gets an exact copy of the file which they print

Hitokage

Hitokage

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
Yes I know they get an attachment, but will the attachment show up nicely in the email itself (so they dont have to open it?)

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You can only insert a picture into an e-mail with Outlook, try paint.net, press file, open new, set size, press layers, import from file to insert images, press save and change save as type to JPEG, then open again and use ABC button to type text, press save and save as JPEG and you can insert this in to body of e-mail

Paint.Net