Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

usb and ethernet ports not picking up

• Please log in to reply

adrian22

adrian22

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
hi i have just reset a motherboard with windows xp pro corp

name of computer is a hp pavilion 6738 and its running on amd athalon
it has four usb ports and an ethernet port

been trying to work out what the problem is but no joy so far i have tryed everything from
new hardware installation and divce manager but still the problem arises all the time could
help me if they know what might be the problem

Advertisements

digikiwi

digikiwi

• PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
You might get better help if you describe your problem a bit more accurately. Also check if you have the right drivers and whether they are up to date. You may need to find exactly which motherboard and ethernet card you are running. I suggest you download Everest Ultimate to give you that information.

Try to be more specific than "not picking up". Are they showing up in Device Manager? Are they 'allegedly' working fine? IF yes, so nothing happens when you plug something in? etc. State specifically what you have tried and what the results were. This will allow others to start figuring where the problem might be

Cheers

Digikiwi

adrian22

adrian22

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
hi got the problem solved it had something to do with a driver error