Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems Installing Itunes

• Please log in to reply

AndreSama

AndreSama

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello. I just got a new hard drive and motherboard and reinstalled Windows MCE. Now I cant seem to install some of my old files that i had back on my old hard drive. Im not just trying to copy them over or anything silly like that... I redownloaded the install files onto my new hard drive and I keep getting an Error that says... "This installation package cannot be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor and verify that this is a valid Windows Installer Package." This has happened before with some other install files also so I dont think its a problem with I-Tunes. I've looked on the microsoft support website and they say all I have to do is get the latest windows update and it will fix this, but I've gotten every update avalible for me, even the optioal ones. When searching on my own I found that this is related to the Msi.dll file either being duplicated, corrupted or missing. I looked and I have 2 files like this. 1 in the Windows/system32 folder and 1 in the Windows/ServicePackFiles/i386 folder. I have no idea if this could be the problem or not but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements