Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mosquito type noise coming from speakers

• Please log in to reply

raspberrytreeo

raspberrytreeo

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hiya, i have a HP pavillion notebook (dv1355EA) for well over a year now but in this last month ive heard a mosquito type noise coming from my speakers. The noise comes on and off but is getting more frequent, i either have to wait for it to stop or mute my speakers to get it to stop. It sometimes comes on slightly before the fans start up and stops when they stop, but sometimes the fans work without the noise.

It plays over any music or DVD i play but have noticed that it doesnt make the noise if i use the Quickstart Dvd without loading up windows. Have also at times noticed the hard drive loading noise coming through the speakers aswell which can be stopped by switching my speakers off.

Have reloaded all the original drivers and restarted a number of times but its still there. Have even tried to hoover out the fans to remove any dust i could. I was thinking that maybe the sound card is damaged in some way of that its maybe overheating, but im all out of ideas as the noise is still there. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thankyou!!

Advertisements

Rocknrollcows

Rocknrollcows

• PipPipPip
  • 432 posts
ok.. first off.. there might acctrally be a BUG in your speaker.. expecially if you put your compu near a window...

raspberrytreeo

raspberrytreeo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
alas, there is no bug in my laptop,the problem has been there for just short of a month.thankyou for your extravagant suggestion :whistling: