Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Comp Crashes when playing game, or making resolution 1680x1050

• Please log in to reply

Keenly19

Keenly19

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I try to adjust the resolution of my games to match my screen resolution, and my computer crashes, computer will also crash while im playing some games like bf 2142, also last sound played loops

nVidia BFG gforce 6800
1.5 GB of RAM
pentium 4 3.0 Ghz

what is causing this problem?

Advertisements

Rocknrollcows

Rocknrollcows

• PipPipPip
  • 432 posts
OMG.. bf 2142 is so... LAGGY... and it does crash your system.. but apparently.. you have the requirments.. so... it might be that your resolutions are too high.. try lowing it abit.

Keenly19

Keenly19

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
the ideal resolution for my 22 inch lcd hd montior is 1680 by 1050....should i lower it? =/
dont want to but if it will stop the crashing

Rocknrollcows

Rocknrollcows

• PipPipPip
  • 432 posts
well.... did you install the drivers for your video card? if you didnt, install those.. cause that might be your problem..
well i think you should try lowing the res.. just to see.. if it still crashes.. then just switch it back or go even lower!

Keenly19

Keenly19

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
ok i got a new cpu fan i got the resoloutions working but it STILL crashes while im trying to play games