Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Using a webcam in AIM

• Please log in to reply

chedwick

chedwick

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I am trying to do video chat using AIM (on a PC) and I can't seem to get it working. I have tried to use two different webcams, and have had the same result with both. In both instances, the webcam is installed correctly and works fine with Yahoo Messenger, but I can't get it to work with AIM. I'm trying to chat with people using iChat (on a Mac) and it's only compatible with AIM. I went to Settings -> Enhanced IM and selected the proper video. I have tried initiative video chat, and I've had the other person initiate it, and each time it says it can't find the camera. AIM's help was no help in figuring out how to do this. Any suggestions?

Edited by chedwick, 10 January 2007 - 09:01 PM.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
do you have the latest aim client? it's required for this to work.

chedwick

chedwick

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Yes, I am using the newest version. AIM 6.0.28.1. And I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it.