Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sound output skipping

• Please log in to reply

Big Joe

Big Joe

• Pip
  • 1 posts
java script:emoticon(':whistling:', 'smid_11')
:blink:

:help: :) music playback skips, cannot connect to internet or send faxes.

reinstalled sound card and modem software.

any ideas????? Joe

More info; I unconnected the hd and hooked up a different that had a corrupted 2000 on it and reinstalled 2000 and got the info off the drive I wanted. I un hooked the 2000 drive and re connected the xp drive and it booted just fine into xp pro. I installed Panda Internet security and a download accelerator and tested on my buds high speed through my LAN connection. All seemed to work fine. Now my two problems, when I got home, are I cannot connect to earthlink through dial-up and my music skips (plays with spaces between sounds). I have been on the phone with India long enough to pick up an accent with no help!! Earthlink can't seem to help me get connected. I have done, as said above, a couple times. I can hear the modem dialing but it must be putting out the wrong data as I cannot connect. Should I just reinstall the OS??? I hate to spend all that time if there is a simple solution. Oh I also removed Panda but that didn't help either. Any suggestions?? Thanks in advance, Joe

Edited by Big Joe, 14 January 2007 - 11:30 PM.

Advertisements