Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Wierd Crashes

• Please log in to reply

cru80s

cru80s

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Hi all,
My daughters computer has trouble @ any point in time but more so when trying to bootup.
Quite often there is no input to the monitor @ all.
Makes all the boot up sounds but no input to monitor.
Swapped Video cards to see if that was it, but same.
Checked Bios Np there.
Checked System showed up Np.
Sometimes it can boot up & then the screen again shows no input.
Even on the desktop it can do it.
Decided to do a reinstall of Windows XP home but no did'nt work.
One thing I have noticed on the Leadtek K7NRC18D-Pro motherboard is bulging caps! & a couple starting to leak.
Computer maybe 4 yrs old.
512Ram
AMD 2500 Barton.
320GB H/Ds
9250 Video card.
Thanking You for assistance.

Advertisements

troppo

troppo

• PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
if the capacitor caps on your motherboard surrounding the CPU are bulging and leaking electrolytic fluid then thats saying your CPU has overheated to teh extreme and your motherboard needs replacing and most likely your CPU cooling unit

i would not boot up the computer again because you might damage the rest of the components that may still be salvageable

i would deffinetly start looking around for a replacement motherboard immediatly

here are a limitted few from www.newegg.com
http://www.newegg.co...;SubCategory=22

because the CPU is older now there will be a limited range of choices for you in terms of motherboards

and as i said before DO NOT turn on the computer again before replacing the motherboard. or if its a must only turn on the PC to save some data and then turn it back of immediatly if you have an opertunity download Everest Home edition from here
www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Info/Everest-Home-Edition.shtml

and go to:
computer-->Sensor

and monitor the temos that its telling you
could you please reply back again with the temps or if your unsure of that then at least go into the BIOS by pressing DEL. when the system is booting up and record the avrg temps from there

sorry to say but the only thing to repair the system is a motherboard replacement or you could infact save some of the parts and upgrade the system but thats your decision

hope that helps

troppo

cru80s

cru80s

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Thx thought as much :blink:
But Thx for confirming my thoughts.
I will look around @ my options.
But M/B & Cpu upgrade most possible.
I'm in Australia so not as many places to buy a socket A board. :whistling:
Thx Again Troppo.

troppo

troppo

• PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
Your welcome!!!

i no as i am in Oz as well online shopping really does suck i ahve spent ages trying to find a decent site with a good range owell goodluck with finding one :whistling:

troppo