Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HELP! COMPUTER TO LCD TV

• Please log in to reply

YBJLz4

YBJLz4

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hey there members

I just built a computer and im going to use my LCD as my monitor, the graphic card i have is asus 7600gt, i need to connect it by s-video. Last time I connected my other computer (different one to this time and different graphics card) on my lcd I got a picture BUT on start up when windows loads on the loading screen was colour it looked normal but when I got into the desktop it went black and white. Like I said it was a different computer to the one im connecting now. But I still don’t know why that happened but anyway…..

The links below is the "thing" I got with my graphics card. Can some one please tell me what wires I need from the 3 outputs to go into the LCD tv or any other things I need?

http://img409.images...dsc01526xi6.jpg
http://img174.images...dsc01527ka7.jpg

Thanks for reading and I hope you can help me :whistling:

Advertisements

YBJLz4

YBJLz4

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
bump,, can any1 help ?

also what is the ebst way to connect my computer to my LCD, i have no vga input on my tv , but have everything else, is the best way HDMI ? for best picture

Rocknrollcows

Rocknrollcows

• PipPipPip
  • 432 posts
VGA and HDMI are the best way to go...you should always use those as a main thing.. cause they are the most reliable!

earz

earz

• Pip
  • 2 posts
does your graphics card support video out? The adapter in the pics appears to be a component video adapter. If your TV has component video inputs - you should just be able to buy some component cables (red, green, blue ends) and run them directly from your graphics card to your TV using that adapter.

RjBass

RjBass

• PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
Ya those are component video connectors. Your LCD TV should have those same types of connections on it. So take the black end of the conversion cable (the one you pictured) and plug it into your video card. Then head over to radio shack and get your RCA Component video cables.

Depending on how much of a video nut you are, you should have several options as to what types of cables to get. At Radio Shack they have Monster cables which in my opinion are the best, but they are not required as any standard yellow/red/white RCA cable will work.

If you use a y/r/w rca cable, be sure you plug in the right colors on both ends, in other words if you plug the yellow end into the blue end coming out of your video card, then you will need to ensure you plug in the yellow end to the blue end on your LCD. Otherwise you will get a very interesting display of colors, or a lack of colors.

If your video card has a DVI output you can also just get a DVI to HDMI converter adapter. That would prob provide an even better picture.