Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

scanner delimma

• Please log in to reply

goofygrmom

goofygrmom

• PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
Good Morning,

I am very frustrated here. My Canon scanner had been tempermental for awhile (it's 4 years old). In the past I had uninstalled and reinstalled it with no problem. The last time (at Thanksgiving) it would not cooperate at all. My daughter sent me her old HP scanner. That would not cooperate either. Just for kicks, I tried again (last week) to install either one of them. I did all the uninstall and install stuff. I even tried 2 different ports. I am getting very frustrated with this issue. I am lost without my scanner. I don't want to purchase a brand new one and have the same problem. I also don't want a combo scanner, printer, fax unless it's absolutly necessary. My current printer (HP, 1 year old) is just fine. I don't get any error messages. In fact, the install always says it is fine. No scanner appears on my device manager.

I"m sorry this is so wordy, but I tried to cover all the bases. Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you, Betsy :whistling:

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Have you got the model numbers for each scanner

goofygrmom

goofygrmom

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
CanoScan D646U
hp scanjet 3500c series

thanks

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
For the HP, start with their online tech chat here

http://ipgweb.cce.hp...t...ng=en&cc=us

If you need help with any of it post back

For the Canon, use their uninstall utility, top, then use the driver file, sgcsu602

http://www.canon.com...6U_drivers.html

goofygrmom

goofygrmom

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
Thanks for the info. I'll work on it over the weekend. I will get back to you with the results.