Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Update problem

• Please log in to reply

Mack25

Mack25

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
I seem to have a problem with windows update i tried to update my PC. I tried setting windows update and it doesn't seem to want to update. So i went to the website and i got an error message while it was checking for new componants. I followed the guided help and i still get this message. I was wondering if there was a way i could remove windows update and reinstall it or should i do something else
Thanks,
Mack

Advertisements

silverbeard

silverbeard

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
Hi,

I've used AutoPatcher for a while. It runs about two weeks behind patch Tuesday but it has a more comprehensive update library then Auto Updates from Microsoft.

Mack25

Mack25

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Will this download SP2 as well?
I somehow got the auto update to work (have no idea what i did) but the website still gets stuck on me. is there any other way to download SP2?

Edited by Mack25, 11 January 2007 - 02:12 PM.

silverbeard

silverbeard

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
You can get SP2 HERE.

Mack25

Mack25

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Thank you for all your help silverbeard