Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer is Stuttering

• Please log in to reply

kokobear

kokobear

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, yesterday my computer started like stuttering,meaning my mouse would move choppy whenever a program would load. for example, If i opened my browser it would get all choppy until it loads, and if im listening to music while i do something then the music will get all choppy. its the same with games,i cannot play games now because of the annoying stutters. It started yesterday when i woke up,my computer was being all weird. everything was fine the night before,i hadn't downloaded or installed anything,it was just a normal day. i went to sleep and when i woke up my sound didn't work, i tried to play a song and got a sound card error. I uninstalled my sound drivers and reinstalled then and that worked,but i have no idea why that happened in the first place. then later that day it started stuttering.

This has happened to me before though,about 3 or 4 months ago,i got the EXACT type of stuttering for no reason. I tried everything to fix it and the only thing that worked was Formatting my hardrive. I really don't want to Format again,its really annoying and takes too long.Since Formatting fixed it the first time it cannot be a hardware issue. so does anyone have any clue why this has happened to me and what can be done to fix it? thanks.

Things i've tried

uninstalling and reinstalling Video card drivers,sound drivers,ethernet drivers,rebooting. theres no errors in device manager either. CPU usuage is normal, system idle process at 99% most of the time

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Have you run the Disk Defragmenter? Maybe a long shot but it can only do good to run it anyway. (disable antivirus and as many other startup programs as possible before you run the defrag, otherwise it will keep re-starting and never finish)