Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Memory Problem

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

superman55027

superman55027

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
I have recently purchased a Geil product that i have is the So-Dimm Golden Dragon pc2100 DDR 512 MB 266 Mhz. The computer I have is an IBM T30 w/ windows xp. The problem I am having is outlined in there support info here is what they say:
Q: I installed GeIL DDR memory module and my Windows won't start every time I boot, and crashes almost immediately even if it does start. What did I do wrong?
A: On some motherboards, the memory voltage sensor is not accurately calibrated and the "DIMM Voltage" is being mis-represented in BIOS screen. Set/adjust the memory core voltage to 2.7 or 2.8 volts. All GeIL memory modules have passed the torture test at 3v to survive in this PC market filled with all sorts of different grade power supply units and motherboard voltage sensors.

Ok I the question I now have is how do I change the voltage?

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
http://www.geekstogo...s...=144846&hl= duplicate