Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How's your weather

• Please log in to reply

cheyenne 09

cheyenne 09

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
Update of Weather Here in Scotland we have A Heavy Blanket of Grey clouds with No hope of Sun any Time Soon Temp 4 º during the Day and the Coldest Temp at Night - 7º so Far But still it could be worse we still have The Beautiful scenery all year Round

Edited by cheyenne 09, 10 February 2007 - 10:45 AM.

Advertisements

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
Here is my local forcast. LOL I love the weather channel :whistling:

It is sunny, no!

It is 20-40 degrees and it is not going anywhere.

Were supposed to be getting a mideastern snow blizzard next week. YES I love acting like a 5 year old in the snow with me and my buds. haha

rigby

rigby

• Pip
  • 2 posts
its quite a nice day today up in the n/e

frantique

frantique

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
We're still getting the scorchers during the day, however, lately we've been getting a storm late afternoon/early evening which is great because we need the rain SOOOOO badly. My backyard has now greened up again (except for all the dirt patches!) ... this happened after just the first rainfall. It's amazing how it can be brown for a couple of months and then we get a really good shower of rain and in the next few days it's all green again.
We had a major storm last Monday evening. The whole town was affected. Tree branches everywhere and some trees totally uprooted. Many houses with damage from fallen trees and with roofing blowing away. Most of the town was without power for from 10hrs to 2 days. There is a stormwater drain running alongside my property and a shed from a neighbouring property blew up and over their fence and landed in the stormwater drain - I though my house was collapsing! There is a big metal sign from a nursery up the road in my back yard. One of the worst houses affected just happens to be where the occupants are dealing drugs .. the whole roof and top few layers of bricks blew away - some of the roofing was found a block away. Seems that since the police haven't done anything to shut down the operation Mother Nature decided to do it for them! :whistling: Seems that noone was hurt during the storm which is incredible really when you take into account all the flying debris and the fact that it just came in so fast - I didn't even get time to take clothes off the line! A guy up the road's garden shed just crumbled in.

kh1+2

kh1+2

• PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
weather wasnt that good in london on thursday either there was non-stop snow and to make things worse i had to get to college in it by bike. and it gets worse not only did i struggle getting there i fell of my bike twice (second time i just gave up and sat there and made 2 snow-balls :blink: )then the chain on my bike broke, the park i got through was closed so i had to walk back get my bike fixed then make my journey back to college in heavy snow while soaking wet and icy roads and pave-ments

not a good day :whistling:

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP

weather wasnt that good in london on thursday either there was non-stop snow and to make things worse i had to get to college in it by bike. and it gets worse not only did i struggle getting there i fell of my bike twice (second time i just gave up and sat there and made 2 snow-balls :blink: )then the chain on my bike broke, the park i got through was closed so i had to walk back get my bike fixed then make my journey back to college in heavy snow while soaking wet and icy roads and pave-ments

not a good day :whistling:

That sounds quite unpleasant. To say it wasn't a good day seems like an understatement!

kh1+2

kh1+2

• PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
yes sari your right it was one of the most terrible bike rides ive been on but still got there in the end with a adventurous story to tell. :blink:
and i got to college and we went bowling which kind of cheered me up (apart from my team coming 4th) :whistling:

SuperSam

SuperSam

• PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
United Kingdom, Essex, Canvey Island yesterday was; 9C - 4C
Today it's 9C - 5C. Thursday we even had snow - a lot of it too! Weather over here is unpredictable.

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
We're battening down the hatches for another nasty snowstorm. I shouldn't whine, I know places like Denver have had it much worse.

For a few weeks now, we've had bitterly cold temperatures, with Wind chills hovering between -20F and -30F...in the daytime at times! :blink:

weather.com and all the news channels are saying we're gonna have light snow tonight and tomorrow, with nasty cold temps and wind. Then tomorrow night, they're saying 5-6" plus winds gusting to 40mph! :help: Living where I do...we'll be snowed in a day or two. Heck, we're snowed in with TWO inches of snow, and a tiny bit of wind. :help:

Gotta love Illinois. :whistling:

disclaimer: I hate it here, especially the winter :)

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
Same! We are supposed to be getting this huge snow storm between Monday and Wednesday.. I am so STOKED!

Advertisements

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts

Have I mentioned lately that I despise winter? I'd give anything to be in the Bahamas about now. :whistling:

Or in my case africa.....where it was nice at 30. Now its -40 people.....GAH!
To bad i couldn't have stayed longer to help others out.
James

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP

We are supposed to be getting this huge snow storm .. I am so STOKED!

you are crazy! :whistling: :blink:

You can have my snow, too

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
When will you be bringing it over? :whistling:

Kurenai

Kurenai

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 494 posts
It warmed up here. Was -5F last week.

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP

TOTAL STORM ACCUMULATIONS OF 8 TO 13 INCHES ARE POSSIBLE BY LATE TUESDAY AFTERNOON NEAR PONTIAC...TO WATSEKA...TO RENSSELAER LINE...

:help: What happened to 5"?? :blink: This is what it says this morning. *sigh* I live about 10 miles from Watseka, so I guess that includes me.

NORTHEAST WINDS WILL INCREASE TO 20 TO 30 MPH LATE TONIGHT AND CONTINUE INTO TUESDAY...WITH GUSTS TO 40 MPH POSSIBLE.

FUN! ................ not! :whistling:

THE COMBINATION OF THE SNOW AND STRONG WINDS WILL PRODUCE CONSIDERABLE BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW...WITH BLIZZARD CONDITIONS DEVELOPING IN SOME AREAS.

uh, ya think?