Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How's your weather

• Please log in to reply

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Ummm...Kat...your report reads just like mine, except I'll be a few hours behind you, while Indiana makes everything worse.

aarrgghhhh I'm going to be trapped in the house when they cancel school with all the kids!!!! Somebody save me!

Johanna

Advertisements

BlackHalo

BlackHalo

• PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
The weather down here in South Africa is just plain unbearable. It's most definitely one of THE hottest summers i've ever experienced. The days average 27(celsius) at like 10 in the morning andcan go up to 40c some days. Usually it peaks at about 30 - 35 during the day. The other night it was 24celsius. Needless to say it's impossible to sleep because the insects breed in overdrive and nothing breaks the heat!! And it's been like this every day for about 3 weeks now. Joy. The little rain we get doesn't help much with the heat either. You just get warm, humid and muddy weather :whistling:

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Oy, Johanna. :blink: I figured it was headed right for you. Maybe you'll get lucky, and it will weaken over IN, instead of getting worse??!!

Beka hasn't been to school since Wednesday. That was her bday, and she had a horrible day. Since she is such a good student and rarely misses, I let her have a "skip" day on Thursday....forgetting they were out Fri and today. :whistling: I highly doubt they'll be going tomorrow, and maybe not Wed either. Add to that a pregnant 17 year old who was put on basically "bed rest" over the weekend.

Tis not gonna be fun here, either.

Let's grab Sari and Val, and the four of us women just take off for somewhere warm! :help:

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
I'm in. I vote for the Bahamas, a nice all-inclusive resort with pools, beachside bars, and SUN! When do we leave?

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts

I'm in. I vote for the Bahamas, a nice all-inclusive resort with pools, beachside bars, and SUN! When do we leave?

Need a pool boy ? :whistling:

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Come on, just throw on a set of ski's, its fun!
I hope the storm goes literally straight north, because when you get the storms the temperature is much higher.....the snow is just a bonus. Its not fun going from +30 to -40....... :whistling:
James

Edited by james_8970, 12 February 2007 - 05:05 PM.

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP

I wanna go to that place you went to not long ago, where there are bars IN the swimming pools! :blink: Float my raft right up to it to get me another margarita.

Don..how are you at applying suntan lotion? I think I'ma take Excal with me to do mine. You can do sari's. :whistling:

Excal

Excal

Malware Slayer Extraordinaire!

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
*Excal runs to get the lotion and says "lotion boy reporting for duty" :whistling:

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
I'll be stuck here shoveling sidewalks. :whistling:

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
What i wouldnt give for some good snow all we get is lots of ridiculously strong wind and rain its better than it was last month mind you but its dreach, and the days are so short here it sucks scotland and the long days are great in the summer but this is the price we pay no snow and lots of wind.

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Wait a minute...the immediate Southern vacation sounds like a great idea...but do we really want to let dirty old men apply our suntan lotion??? Nope, I want some clean strapping young man, who knows nothing about women and is eager to please and learn...that rules out most of the guys on the board. I can hear Don now, "Okay, you're oiled. Get me another beer!"
Johanna

frantique

frantique

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts

Let's grab Sari and Val, and the four of us women just take off for somewhere warm! :whistling:

Any room for a gal from downunder who needs to escape the heat? I make a mean bloody mary ... so I could provide breakfasts!!

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Come on, Frantique! You're definitely in!! :blink:

Johanna...excellent point! The only requirement is he must be LEGAL :whistling:

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Kat,

That was Sandals resort in Montego Bay Jamaica. We can go to the Margaritaville restaurant - there's a waterslide from the top of the restaurant to the bay. And excellent margaritas.

Frantique, absolutely! You're more than welcome to join us!

Justin

Justin

I do a little bit of everything

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
Tomorrow is a low of 31 and a high of 68...with thunderstorms. Its gonna be chilly. :whistling: