Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How's your weather

• Please log in to reply

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
I'll take winter and spring but its the inbetween thats so messy and it stinks.
James

P.S. Congrats frantique on becoming a moderator.

Edited by james_8970, 24 February 2007 - 02:35 PM.

Advertisements

frantique

frantique

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
Thanks James.
We had another wild storm again last night. Not much wind this time just lots of lightning. I was driving home from a town up north where my son had played football and had a girlfriend of his in the car with me. First we encountered really heavy rain - could hardly see ahead - and then the lightning started. It was ahead of us at first then suddenly was all around us. I was so scared that I just keep talking non-stop. By the time we got into town and I dropped her at her home it had abated somewhat and when I stopped the car we just looked at each other and burst out laughing. I think it was some kind of nervous release.

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
We had a nasty ice storm move in very quickly today. I got knocked offline while talking to ScHwErV around 3:45 pm or so, because the power went out. Electricity wasn't restored until about 10:30pm. It got [bleep] cold there for awhile, lemme tell ya. :furious: We ended up leaving and going to my mom's a mile away. My uncle called....he works for the state plowing. He told us that in a four hour period.....in a 20 mile stretch of interstate.....there were more than 150 cars in the ditch. :whistling: HOpefully, no one was hurt badly.

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
Kat, were getting that same storm on monday :whistling:

Edited by ultimateslacker2, 25 February 2007 - 12:26 AM.

kh1+2

kh1+2

• PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
wow america still sounds bad but weather is fine over here just normal cloudy and mild tempretures.
just normal

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Our forecast for today was 1-2 inches of snow, followed by sleet, rain, and freezing rain. 6 inches of snow later....We're still supposed to get ice overnight, although there's no precipitation falling right now.

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
the ice stopped here sometime before I got up this morning, but yet the power was out nearly 13 hours today. :help: NOT a fun day, trust me. *sigh* my mom a mile away had power!!! :blink: She's on a "north-south circuit" and I'm on an "east-west circuit" according to the power co. :whistling:

It's snowing now, supposed to get a couple inches with high winds again.

Girls...are we ready YET to head for the beaches?!?!

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
Right now. Its drizzling, probably picking up your storm Kat. ITs not extreme, but I wish it was :whistling:

keithr128

keithr128

• PipPipPip
  • 796 posts
About 1.5 inches of snow and ice here so far.
What's going on here Phil?