Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Urgent Monitor help

• Please log in to reply

Mikes Mirth

Mikes Mirth

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Im using an oldish 14" dell monitor for my oldish pentium3 pc, i changed the resolution to the biggest option available i.e 1200X700 and suudenly my screen went black asif its switched off, now all that happens is the standby button is on asif the monitor is actually switched on but al the option lights i.e for changing brightness, position are continually flashing.
please help in in a bad position here
cheers

Edited by Mikes Mirth, 12 January 2007 - 08:23 AM.

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
See if you can boot into safe mode (press F8 as you boot, select safe mode). Then change the setting and reboot.

Mikes Mirth

Mikes Mirth

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
thanks, just tried that but get the same problem, would startin with last known working configuration possibly work?

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Yea, try a restore to a time prior to the change. It may work.

Mikes Mirth

Mikes Mirth

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Thanks, i went throught boot using F8 nothin worked untill i tried enable VGA mode, so all is well anyway cheers for your help