Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ahh stupid viruses

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Daemon

Daemon

Security Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 4,356 posts
  • MVP
OK, we should be able to do the last steps tomorrow. Pleasant dreams :whistling:

Advertisements

Daniiel

Daniiel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
Phew there just cookies

Incident Status Location

Adware:adware/beginto Not disinfected c:\windows\system32\cache32_rtneg3
Spyware:Cookie/888 Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Daniel\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\bkkmtc94.default\cookies.txt[.888.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Hbmediapro Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Daniel\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\bkkmtc94.default\cookies.txt[.adopt.hbmediapro.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/adultfriendfinder Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Daniel\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\bkkmtc94.default\cookies.txt[.adultfriendfinder.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/ErrorSafe Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Daniel\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\bkkmtc94.default\cookies.txt[.errorsafe.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/RealMedia Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Daniel\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\bkkmtc94.default\cookies.txt.bak[.realmedia.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Hbmediapro Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Daniel\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\bkkmtc94.default\cookies.txt.bak[.adopt.hbmediapro.com/]

I went through and deleted them all with no problems

Edited by Daniiel, 14 January 2007 - 06:34 PM.

Daemon

Daemon

Security Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 4,356 posts
  • MVP
Good - let me know about combofix.

Daniiel

Daniiel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
It still does the disk thing
I tried putting a blank disc in aswell
haha it did nothing

Daemon

Daemon

Security Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 4,356 posts
  • MVP
An unexplained glitch - doesn't matter, delete combofix - you don't need it now. Let's reset and re-enable your System Restore to remove infected files that have been backed up by Windows. The files in System Restore are protected to prevent any programs from changing those files. This is the only way to clean these files: (You will lose all previous restore points which are likely to be infected)1. Turn off System Restore.On the Desktop, right-click My Computer.
Click Properties.
Click the System Restore tab.
Check Turn off System Restore.
Click Apply, and then click OK.
2. Restart your computer.

3. Turn ON System Restore.On the Desktop, right-click My Computer.
Click Properties.
Click the System Restore tab.
UN-Check Turn off System Restore.
Click Apply, and then click OK.
[/list]System Restore will now be active again.

To help keep you clean follow the recommendations in Tony's article here:

So how did I get infected in the first place?

You should be all set now - are you ready for the topic to be closed?

Daniiel

Daniiel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
Yeh you can close it
Thanks heaps again
you guys are good people.
:whistling:

Daemon

Daemon

Security Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 4,356 posts
  • MVP
You're welcome - glad to help :whistling:

As this problem has been resolved the topic will be closed. If you need this topic reopened, please email the moderating team - be sure to include the address of the thread and the name you posted under.