Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

how do you make it so that it automatically logs on to my account?

• Please log in to reply

natakudragoon

natakudragoon

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
i have only one account on my computer, mine. i dont want to turn on my computer and click my name on the welcome screen every time. how do i change it so that it automatically goes in to my user account?

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
http://www.annoyance...ec/show/tweakui
Download and install TweakUI, Powertoys from MS. There are two versions on this page with warnings that they are not compatible. They are. Use the XP one for your situation and have a look at the "autologon" feature. This is only recommended if your computer is in a physically secure location, and you are not concerned with other people accessing your machine.
Johanna

natakudragoon

natakudragoon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
i forgot to mention that i had my computer for a about 2 years now and it has been automatic all along. i didnt tweak or change any settings and it just became like this. but i will try what you have just suggested. thanks.

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Maybe this applies to you? If you have net Framework, you probably need it for software you are using, so be careful if you have it, and decide to uninstall it.
http://www.mvps.org/...sXP/welskip.php
FWIW, when I updated to version 2 something, the problem disappeared.

Johanna