Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Virtual CD Drive

• Please log in to reply

spirit_SLASH

spirit_SLASH

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
hey there!
i installed Microsoft Virtual CD maker or somthin, called "Virtual CD-ROM Control Panel for Windows XP"
after i unmounted and removed the Virtual Disk, so it is not shown in the control Panel anymore, the V. CD is still shown in My computer :S
how do i remove it?
help plz? :whistling:

Advertisements

ghetto_smurf

ghetto_smurf

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
Right-click on My Computer, select the Hardware tab and then go into the Device Manager. Then expand the "CD/DVD ROM drives" by clicking the plus sign next to it. Select the virtual drive (most likely it will be under a generic driver, and it says as such). Right-click it and select uninstall. You will get a warning box, select OK and restart your computer if necessary. That should be it.

spirit_SLASH

spirit_SLASH

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
i tried that, but the problem is that the virtual drive is NOT found their!

ghetto_smurf

ghetto_smurf

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
Okay, you say you see the drive in My Computer. Well, open up My Computer and right-click the drive. Select Properties, then Hardware. Is the driver showing up there?

spirit_SLASH

spirit_SLASH

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
thanks for ur time...
i dunno what happened, but it disappeared today!
i think maybe coz i uninstalled the program completely, the virtual disk might have been uninstalled too with it
thank you !
bye

Edited by spirit_SLASH, 13 January 2007 - 03:33 AM.