Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help overclocking

• Please log in to reply

Mikes Mirth

Mikes Mirth

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
need some help on overclocking values, at the moment im running an intel pent3 at 450MHz 1GHz, wondering what would be an appropriate value to increase to?
also the previous owner of my pc has set a BIOS password is there a way to crack or bypass the password, i have tried all the generic passwords.
cheers :whistling:

Edited by Mikes Mirth, 12 January 2007 - 12:37 PM.

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
There is a guide to overclocking in the guides/tutorials at http://www.geekstogo...ock-t11177.html As for the password problem, you could try clearing the cmos to defaults. This is usually accomplished by 1)using the jumper if your motherboard has one or 2) removing the cmos battery. Check your motherboard documentation. If you don't have a manual for your motheroboard, you can probably get one at the manufacturer's web site.

Mikes Mirth

Mikes Mirth

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Right, ive rede about the jumpers and cmos battery, i had a look but havent really got a clue what im looking for so nothing stood out

Mikes Mirth

Mikes Mirth

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
actually just as i said that i have found what i think is the cmos battery, looks kind of like a large round watch battery?

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
That would be correct.