Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

iPod headphones

• Please log in to reply

UV_Power

UV_Power

• PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
I'm not sure if I am posting this in the right forum, but I have seen iPod headphones distinguished from regular headphones. They both seem to have the same 3.5mm jack, so what's the difference (if there is one)? I have tried asking people and have googled it and still get no answer so I figured I'd try here.

Just wondering.... :whistling:

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
there's absolutely no difference...the only reason they're "ipod headphones" is so that someone will look at them and say "oooh these say they're for an IPOD...must mean these are the ones i need"...it's all marketing...like calling a langostine...(which by all accounts is a shrimp)....a lobster

emery

emery

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
and when you think about the quality of ipod headphones, it's not that good. ok, it's an InEar headphone so there's not that much to expect but I really have had better ones than my ipod headphones.

UV_Power

UV_Power

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
That's what I thought. Thanks for the reply! :whistling:

emery

emery

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
I got a pair of these for myself:

Philips sbchs320

They produce an OK sound quality for what they cost and a big plus is they stay in your ear even when you go running etc.

If you really want to enjoy your listening experience at home or wherever I would recommend something like this:

Sennheiser HD497

I got those hooked up to my computer and they really produce a great sound. The first time I listened to my music through the Sennheiser headphones, I thought I was listening to new music I had never heard before because it sounded so much better than it used to.

That's just my opinion, there's tons of good headphones out there but I just posted about these because I have a good experience with both of them.

Emery.