Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Connected but no Browser?

• Please log in to reply

Ona

Ona

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,
I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this, but I'm assuming my problem is being caused by a network error or something alike.
My problem is that I know I have a connection, because MSN Messenger will sign in and let me send messages, but not much else is working. I use Firefox as my browser and no matter where I try to go it tells me that the page cannot be displayed. I don't normally use Internet Explorer, but I even tried using that and the issue remains the same. It's as if it's telling me that I'm not connected to the internet, when I know I am!
Other online games that I like to play will not connect either, as if it can't find a connection. Right now I'm using my father's computer to access these forums.

There's only one thing that I can imagine would have caused this, and it's this: My father bought a NetGear wireless system and tried replacing our Comcast cable with that. After installing and setting up, only to discover that it didn't work, we unhooked the wireless and set the cable back up.
For about a day after this was done, all seemed fine and worked properly. It wasn't until this morning that I started noticing the problems stated above. I'm afraid to mess with anything because I don't know exactly what I'm doing when it comes to networks and such. I'm decently experienced with computers, but this is beyond me.
I'm fourteen, so I'll try to understand and follow any given directions as precisely as possible, but please excuse me if I need a little extra detail. I'd love to get this issue fixed so I can enjoy my 3 day weekend with some hardcore gaming! :whistling:

Thanks in advance,
Ona

Advertisements