Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

keyboard double letter problem

• Please log in to reply

fallonides

fallonides

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I recieved a new wireless keyboard/mouse combo over the holidays, and just plugged it in today. It is a Micro Innovations KB985W, running on a Windows XP system.

While the mouse works fine, the keyboard has a tendency to double type certain letters, but not all. An example:

TThe rraiin iin Spaiini falls maiinly on tthte plain.
TThee qquiick browwn fox juumps oveer thee lazyy dog.

I'm wondering is it the keyboard, as my previous keyboard works fine, or is there some sort of setting I can change? I've tried playing with the repeat rate and delay in the keyboard settings to no avail.

The only thing I've found to help is a piece of software called "Keyboard Optimizer" by IBM. While it does its job, it plays heck when I want to purposely type double letters, making me wait that extra second or so. Or if I want to erase with backspace, I have to keep clicking instead of being able to hold it down.

I hope someone out there might be able to help me?

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. I would suggest going to the manufacturer's web page at http://www.mic-innovations.com/ They have manuals, support and a knowledge base that may provide your answer.

fallonides

fallonides

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
That is what I did before finding this forum. The manufacturer's site sasys that there are no manuals or downloads for my keyboard.

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Did you search their knowledge base for a possible solution?