Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

i need help with internet

• Please log in to reply

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
Is this your mother board. Do you have a cd/dvd that came with the board.Posted Image
Your cable should go into the top right hand (left of the small light blue.)
As Silverbeard said the networkcard does not appear to be showing up If we disable the 1394 It may show up.
Have you run all the files of the main install cd?.
Put the cd back in and see if there is a setup for the Network driver - gigabyte.
If not go to control panel and use the add hardware wizard tell it to look for network card.

Edited by peterm, 27 January 2007 - 01:16 AM.

Advertisements

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
Ok have just read the manual
Your cd should have an option to Install all drivers. Please run this option again.
The 1394 port will work as a network card but only to other 1394 ports.
We need to get the lan drivers working.
When you plug the cable in do you get any lights.

defender13

defender13

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
when my pc turns on i always get a found new harware device but i havent been sure what it was so i pressed cancel do you think that could be the nic?

defender13

defender13

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
Oh wow...i just got it to work.When i first put in the cd my motherboard manufacturer gave me i looked at the stuff and thought i didnt need it.Now that i ran it it recognized my ethernet connection along with some other things and i finally got internet.Thanks for the help guys :whistling: i really appreciate the time and effort :blink:

Edited by defender13, 27 January 2007 - 09:05 AM.