Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Help! HUGE script file!

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
OK so my mom's Dell's hard disk is almost full and I've been trying to figure out why. I downloaded this tool which showed me what is taking up so much space, and I tracked most of it down to this one Javascript file (if you can't read what the file name is, it's "0,,json,00[1].js". I don't know anything about Javascript, so I was hoping one of you could take a look at this screenshot, tell me what it is, and if I can safely delete it.

Posted Image

• PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
If something is that big of a size in your temporary internet files you can pretty much guarantee it is junk because its a virus...(sort of: more the less meant to take up large quantities of harddrive space to slow computer performance)

Click start>run>cleanmgr

Select Harddrive C: and OK

Put a check mark beside Temporary Internet Files, Downloaded Program Files, Recycle Bin, Temporary Files

Click OK, the program will delete your temporary files along with 0,,json,00[1].js....

If when you rerun WinDirStat the file is still there then try and delete it manually,,,,if you cannot delete it manually then you need to post this in Malware section of the forums.