Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Graphics Card Problem

• Please log in to reply

Brilliant Ken

Brilliant Ken

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi there! I'd just bought a PowerColor 9250 powered by ATI RADEON 9250. Before this I had been using the onboard graphics card, Intel Graphics Controller 82865GBF on my intel motherboard. After uninstalling the previous graphics divers, I installed my new graphics card into the AGP slot. But upon power on, the computer will not boot, while consistently displaying the red HDD LED. When removed from the system, the computer would however, be operating normally. Is this a case of insufficient power supply? Any idea what the problem might be? Thanks a lot.

Advertisements

BungaBoy

BungaBoy

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Did you disable the on-board graphics card in your BIOS? That may be the issue here.

Brilliant Ken

Brilliant Ken

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Well, I did not tho... the thought of disabling the only functional graphics hardware on my computer daunts me, as I'm afraid that I would not be able to revert/change the settings later in case it didn't work out. By the way, there doesn't seem to be an option to disable the on-board graphics in my BIOS!

BungaBoy

BungaBoy

• Pip
  • 4 posts
The AGP card should disable the on-board graphics card when you install it.

There maybe something in the ATI link below.

http://support.ati.c....asp?deptID=894

737-357: Computer BIOS Basics
and
737-6: AGP Motherboard/Chipset Drivers
and
737-20869: How to install an ATI Radeon graphics card in a system with onboard video

Good luck!