Some Programs and windows close right after i open them
Posted 25 January 2007 - 04:22 AM
Posted 25 January 2007 - 12:14 PM
Please do an online scan with Kaspersky WebScanner
You will need to use Internet Explorer to do this
Click on Kaspersky Online Scanner
You will be promted to install an ActiveX component from Kaspersky, Click Yes.
- The program will launch and then begin downloading the latest definition files:
- Once the files have been downloaded click on NEXT
- Now click on Scan Settings
- In the scan settings make that the following are selected:
- Scan using the following Anti-Virus database:
- Extended (if available otherwise Standard)
- Scan Options:
- Scan Archives
Scan Mail Bases
- Select My Computer
- Now click on the Save as Text button:
If you would please rescan with HijackThis and post a fresh log, along with the Kaspersky results, in this same topic, and let us know how your system's working.
Posted 01 February 2007 - 04:17 AM
It cant be done. My internet Explorer will not open. Will it be the same if i go through my second windows XP operating system? I did install a second one once the problems started.
I will keep on trying anyways....
Posted 02 February 2007 - 02:40 PM
If you have Firefox or some other browser installed on the infected, you can try this alternate scan that will work in them.
TrendMicro™ HouseCall Java Scan
- Please go HERE to run the Trend Micro™ HouseCall Scan.
- Click Scan now. It's free!
- Click the Launching HouseCall>> button.
- Under Using Java-based HouseCall kernel click the Starting HouseCall>> button.
- You may receive a Security Warning about the TrendMicro Java applet, click YES.
- Under Scan complete computer for malware, grayware, and vulnerabilities click the Next>> button.
- Please be patient while it installs, updates, and scans your system.
- Once the scan is complete, it will take you to the summary page.
- Under Cleanup options, choose clean all detected infections automatically.
- Click the Clean now>> button.
- If anything was found you may be prompted to run the scan again, you can just close the browser window.
Posted 04 February 2007 - 07:42 AM
Now about the Trend Micro was working fine until it was unexpectantly shut down. I mean the whole Firefox was shut down. Now it gets stuck when, in the lower left part says: "Opening Trend Micro HouseCall". I'll try again after restarting.
P.s: I don't have Internet Explorer and i cant install it either. Dunno why obviously..
Posted 14 February 2007 - 05:41 PM
If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.