Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Photo Gallery trying to load on startup

• Please log in to reply

matt pearce

matt pearce

• PipPip
  • 71 posts
When ever i start up my PC it keeps tring to load "PhotoGallery" and asks me to insert the disk. I have never installed an application called Photo Gallery. Can anyone help its really annoying!!

Advertisements

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
From what I'm seeing, PhotoGallery could be part of a set of Hewlett Packard utilities. If you have an HP printer, put the CD in, let Windows install it, then uninstall it if you don't want it.

If this isn't it, what other software have you installed lately? Perhaps PhotoGallery is a component. Running a Repair on that software might help.

If you can determine a date that this problem started, try to do a System Restore to a date prior. Click Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, System Restore. Follow the prompts.

Please post the results, good or bad.

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
There are several ways to disable a program from starting up.
The simplest is... go to Start>Run and type in msconfig
Once you're in the System Configuration Utility window, go to the Start tab.
Look for a start up entry related to PhotoGallery and uncheck it. Don't uncheck anything else... unless you absolutely know you don't need it to start up. In other words, be careful in there or you might disable something you actually want starting up when you boot up.
You will be required to restart your computer.

Let us know if this helps.

matt pearce

matt pearce

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
thanks Makai - i unchecked any HP related programs in my startup and it seems to have solved it - thanks!

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
:whistling: