Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Index $0 on archive 25 is missing or corrupt

• Please log in to reply

aquevedo831

aquevedo831

• PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
I keep getting errors of missing files. I have run chkdsk and i get the message fixing problem Index $0 on archive 25. Eventually it just skips over the problem and doesnt fix it. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Hard drive is on the way out. Strongly recommend you replace it ASAP before you lose everything on it.

aquevedo831

aquevedo831

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
thats what i dont understand. I have been getting the SMART detector thing tell me my hard drive is gonna fail whenever i boot up. Its been saying it for 4 months now. And as of right now, i have just fixed the problem i had with the missing or corrupt index. I really dont know what my hard drive is doing.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
If you cannot be sure whether your drive is working properly or not (and especially if SMART has been telling you for 4 months the drive is on the way out) then you really should replace it. SMART is only a guideline; it often picks up faults long before you start to notice them in normal mode.