Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Start up help!

• Please log in to reply

The_Mage

The_Mage

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
I restarted windows and when it loaded the log-in screen my username was not displayed. It still said "click username to log in" but there was nothing to click. I was able to boot in safe mode, but I am not sure how to fix this. Please help

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Easiest way to put your name back on the Welcome Screen is to download and install the Microsoft PowerToy known as 'Tweakui for XP'.
Open Tweakui and, in the left pane, highlight 'Logon'. Now in the right-hand pane tick the little box where it says "Show [your account name] on welcome screen"

Click OK to save the setting.

Reboot.

Tweakui is here: http://www.annoyance...ec/show/tweakui

Edited by pip22, 14 January 2007 - 03:01 PM.

The_Mage

The_Mage

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Ok, thank you very much. I am going to reboot momentarily. I am currently scanning my computer. :whistling:

pandammonia

pandammonia

• PipPip
  • 89 posts
go to "start", "run" and type in " control userpasswords2 ". Make sure the top box is ticked, this should make sure your logon screen is active. Much easier than tweakUI

The_Mage

The_Mage

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Thank you, I was able to fix it with pip22's post, but I was playing Doom 3 and forgot to reply here. Thank you though :whistling: