Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Random System Shutdown Problem

• Please log in to reply

TsunamiDream

TsunamiDream

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Ive come upon quite a problem with my pc. Every time I play a game, my system shuts down. This problem started happening to me about 3 weeks ago. My computer is coming up on 2 years old and I havnt added any new hardware. It displays no warning window and just turns off. The power light stays on though on the front of the case. I thought it could be heat issues and it possibly still can be but I did download a heat monitor and it always keeps at a constant low heat. (25-30 degrees celcius). Ive also dusted my computer so it is spotless and all fans work. Again, this only happens while playing games (any full screen games). That leads me to think it is a Video Card problem. Please, any help would be much appreciated. This computer is my baby and I would prefer if worked right.
:whistling:

Advertisements

Dan1887

Dan1887

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
that most definately sounds like u may have a heat problem, what program did you download, my best suggestions are these, a) download Everest run it and save a screen image/ results and post here. Or b) go into your bios, usually by pressing del key during boot on most pc's or sometimes the f1 key. Using your arrow keys navigate until you can find hardware monitor, use the enter key to enter it and look at what the cpu temperature is in the hardware monitor if it is over 60 degrees celsius you definately have a heat issue.

vally

vally

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
From my experiance if only happens during games it usually is the ram. Download memtest from this link
http://www.memtest86.com/
and run it with one memmory stick at a time.
Does it come out clean?